If you’re a oculus rift s user then you probably know the built-in speaker in your headset how bad it is. To enjoy an immersive experience with your headset while the gameplay you need to purchase the best headphones for oculus rift s.
What are the benefits of having the best headphones for oculus rift s? It will provide you best sound quality with an extra-base, they will keep your audio secret from others, enhance your mind while helping you get the full real feel and experience during gameplay.
Since the oculus rift s comes with the dual audio headphone jack, you can freely use external headphones with oculus rift s and configuring headphones are easy as pie.
In our list, we have picked the Koss Porta Pro as the best headphones to use with oculus rift s. It’s an on-ear headphone that comes with excellent bass and a secure fit. Also, most of the oculus users voted this headphone one of the best to use with VR headsets.
Koss Porta Pro On Ear Headphones
Koss Porta Pro is the best headphones for oculus rift s because of its top-notch sound quality and secure fit, made this headphone unbeatable at this price range.
It has two adjustable temporal-comfort zone pads that help to shift the pressure and perfectly balance the ear plates on your ear.
According to Reddit, Quora, and other social platforms many users pointing this headphone as great to use with oculus rift s while playing.
- The ultra portable on-ear headphones
- Comfort Zone setting on temporal pad for comfortable secure fit
- The ultimate active headphones with a collapsible headband design for protective storage
- Dynamic element for extended frequency response
- Oxygen-free copper voice coils deliver deep bass and signal clarity
- Includes a convenient carrying case for protective storage
- Covered under the Koss Stereophones Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Frequency Response: 15-25,000 Hz
- Impedance: 60 ohms
- Sensitivity: 101 dB SPL
- Cord: Straight, Dual Entry, 4 feet
My friend parley marsh shared his experience after using this headphone with VR oculus rift s, “These are by far the best sounding headphones I’ve heard anywhere near their price range. I honestly think you’d have to spend at least 2-3 times as much to get better sound. They are also the most comfortable headphones I’ve ever worn: very adjustable, ears don’t get hot, stay firmly put with just the right amount of pressure. It’s easy to see why they’ve been around for about 30 years and their design hasn’t been significantly changed”
Sony WH1000XM3 is one of the best noise cancelling headphones for virtual reality headsets oculus rifts. But do you really need noise-canceling headphones while playing with VR?
Normal headphones would be ok but if you’re living in a house where getting noise from outside and inside is a common issue then you should go with these headphones. Though it’s a 2018 model, still provides the best sound quality while gaming with vr or listening to music.
- Active Noise Cancellation technology lends a personalized, virtually soundproof experience.
- Built-in mic allows users to take hands-free calls.
- Alexa enabled for voice access to music, information, and more, you can activate via simple touch.
- Now it’s easy to adjust the ambient sound to your activity for the best noise cancellation
- Up to 30 hours of battery life on a single charge keeps you listening instead of charging. Also, 10 minutes of charge time gives you an amazing 5 hours of playback.
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
- Diaphragm – Aluminium-coated LCP
- Volume Sensor: Touch Sensor
- Cord: Single-sided (detachable)
- Cord Length: Headphone cable (approx. 3.94 ft, OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini-plug)
Carlton Samson used this headphone with oculus rift s for 3 months and said, “The headband is covered in leather and has more Patty. I have not heard of any cracking issues, and the headband feels slightly stronger to me. The noise canceling is so good I couldn’t hear my mom yelling at me. It’s like you’re in your own little world with these on. Very comfortable… I fell asleep with them a few nights ago and my ears didn’t hurt by the morning. if you want very comfortable headphones with the best sound and Active Noise Cancelling that you can expect with wireless Bluetooth for vr headsets oculus rift and quest 2 in 2021, get these.”
Bose QuietComfort 35 II
Bose QuietComfort 35 II is the best wireless Bluetooth headphone for oculus rift s. It’s the successor of series 1 and loaded with advanced technology, that’s why it’s got massive popularity over sony noise-cancelling headphones. Now the main question is how is series 2 different from series 1?
According to Bose, QuietComfort 35 headphones II offer the same unmatched mixture of acclaimed noise reduction technology, wireless freedom, audio performance, dual-microphone system, and 20-hour long battery life as its previous model.
However, it also has a new action button on the left earcup. In countries where the Google Assistant is available, that button gives you instant access to that software, your own personal Google. In countries where the Google Assistant is not available, it lets you quickly toggle through three different ANR settings for optimal performance wherever you go.
- It comes with Bose AR which is an innovative, audio-only version for augmented reality.
- Also, 3 levels of noise cancellation for a better listening experience in any environment.
- Alexa-enabled for voice access to music, information, and more
- The Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear sound and voice pick-up.
- Balanced audio performance at any volume.
- Hassle-free Bluetooth pairing, personalized settings, access to future updates, and more through the Bose Connect app.
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz-40,000 Hz
- Battery Life: 20-Hour
- Volume Sensor: Touch Sensor
- Item Weight: 0.52 lbs
- Maximum Noise Reduction: 20.8 DB
A sony user used these headphones with oculus rift s for 2 months and said, “Even though the Sony produces superior sound, the litany of other features (superior noise cancellation, intuitive controls, comfort, style, & phone performance) won me over to the Bose”
Bionik Mantis Attachable VR Headphones
It’s one of the cheapest headphones for oculus rift s after Koss Porta Pro On-Ear Headphones. It’s compatible with PlayStation vr. The design allows the headphones to be easily clipped onto the headband itself and adjusted in various directions for the perfect fit. A clean and lightweight design complements the oculus rift s while providing long comfort.
- Detachable to offer the most customizable and comfortable fit with PlayStation VR
- 20-inch cable connects directly to the PlayStation Virtual Reality headset to consolidate your setup; makes it easier to wear and store
- Rests gently on the ears for a comfortable fit without sacrificing great sound quality
- Designed to fit in cleanly with the PSVR headset for a sleek aesthetic
- Easily clips onto the headset band and can be quickly adjusted in multiple directions for the perfect fit
- Volume Sensor: Touch Sensor
- Item Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Product Dimension: 7.2 x 6.5 x 2.3 inches
- Display Size: 20-inches
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
Harley shell used these headphones with oculus rift s and said, “I’ve been using them since I got my rift S. I took them off of my PlayStation VR headset and use them with the S. They work perfectly and fit very nicely on the headband. You do have to kind of pull the spring-loaded attachment a little past what usually has to be done for the PlayStation VR but it works and it works brilliantly “
Avantree HT4189 mostly works with tv but is also compatible with vr headsets like oculus rift s. Where other headsets like sony and bose couldn’t able to give more than 30 hr battery backup, this headphone can provide 40 hrs long support and will cost you only $100.
Simply turn on both the headphones and transmitter and they will auto connect-no pairing needed. It’s compatible with 99% of TVs on the market, and all types of VR headsets, the HT4189 set supports Optical, 3.5 mm / AUX, RCA audio output as well as PC digital USB without extra wires to get in your way.
This headphone features qualcomm chipset technology, which reduces audio lag to levels almost virtually undetectable by the human ear. Finally, you can enjoy a high-quality audio experience in perfect synchronization.
- Bluetooth-enable TV / DVD with optical, RCA, or AUX audio output
- Bluetooth-enable PC, PS4 through USB audio out
- Bluetooth-enable AV receiver & other audio devices
- For no audio delay, long music playtime (40H), and long-range
- Hearing aids/assistance alternative for watching TV
Not recommended for:
- When using the transmitter the TV internal speakers might not work or become muted. This is TV dependent
- Dolby / DTS is not supported. When using TV optical out, MUST set audio format to PC
- Not for TVs with non-functional audio output ports (test before purchase)
- Not compatible with ANY RCA outputs on the back of AV Receivers/amplifiers
- Attention – Designed & built for a balanced sound with an emphasis on clarity. NOT recommended for heavy bass enthusiasts.
- Model No.: BTHS-AS9S (Not Audition Pro)
- Supported profiles: Headset, HFP, A2DP, AVRCP
- Audio codec support: FastStream, SBC
- Operating range: Class 2, up to 30 ft / 10m
- Operating time: up to 40 hours playtime and 20 days standby time
- Driver size: 40mm; Impedance: 32 ohm;
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20KHz
Laxis Bloch said, “The earphones are very comfortable, easy to adjust and provide excellent sound that doesn’t bleed beyond the earphones, this unit is well designed and I’m very happy with it.”
CCA C10 Five Drivers Hybrid
CCA C10 Five Drivers Hybrid is the another best cheapest headphone for oculus rift s which has 10 drivers hybrid technology. 1 Dynamic & 4 Balanced Armature each ear helps to provide silky highs, detailed mids, and deep bass.
A Combination Of Fine Craftsmanship Forged A Sleek And Sturdy Look, The CCA C10 can handle any condition you put them in, whether it’s at the bottom of your gym bag or just casual listening. Lightweight and ergonomic design offers you extra flexibility, portability, and durability. It’s great for running, jogging, hiking, biking, gym, etc.
It comes with built-In MEMS Noise Cancelling technology that reduces environmental noise and distractions by up for an immersive auditory experience. It has a good balance of high, mids, and low frequency. The tone won’t be too bright or too dark. The high-frequency extension is good, delicate, and supple. Low dive deep, full of elasticity and intensity. The sound stage has a natural expansion and the width magnitude is able to give a spacious feeling
- Drive unit: 1 Dynameic 10MM woofer + 4BA 6MM Tweeter
- Earphone type: In-ear
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Earphone sensitivity: 108dB/mW
- Frequency range: 7-40000Hz
- Plug interface : 3.5mm Gilded
- Plug Type: Line type
- Cable Length: 1.2m±3cm
- Color: Green/purple/Black
- Cable conductor: 1.25 4N oxygen-free copper plating silver
- Earphone interface: 2PIN 0.75MM interface
- Whether with cable: Yes, with 2PIN 0.75MM cable
- Whether with mic: No/with
Consumer reports said, “I wanted to try them out in a loud band-like environment so I used them with oculus rift s and it was amazing. The bass sounded totally marvelous. Sonically they were fantastic. Isolation wise they are not the best. This is a solid offering and my go-to recommendation. This is the type of gear that can show audiophile beginners that not a lot of money can give you a great sound you didn’t know can be had.”
Buying Guide: Best oculus rift s headphones
There are some facts that need to be considered before buying the best headphones for vr headset oculus rift s. To purchase the best headset that will enhance your VR performance, please follow our guidelines where we discussed what things need to see before spending any money for that particular headphone.
Earphones Vs Headphones
Earphones seal off the ear canal and provide a better bass response than Earbud. Also, earphones ensure a more secure fit in your ear, resulting in hassle-free gameplay with VR headsets.
On the other hand, supra-aural headphones (which are also called On-ear headphones) have more petite earcups that rest on the ear. Headphones can give you a comfortable fit, better bass, and an accurate stereo mix.
Types Of Headphones
There are two types of headphones for oculus rift s: On-ear headphones and Over-Ear headphones. Though Over-ear headphones provide a more immersive experience, sometimes they can be too large to fit over a headset. That’s why it’s better to go with on-ear headphones for oculus rift s.
Wired VS Wireless
Both can be used for oculus rift s but wireless headphones are pretty much pricey compared to wired headphones. So, it depends on your budget that which type of headphones will go in your cart list.
In our overall review of oculus rift s headphones, we have tried to share at least one experience with you. But we suggest you consider positive and negative reviews carefully before buying headphones for oculus rift s.
If you need quality and performance both at the same time while playing with oculus rift s, it will cost extra money. But it doesn’t mean you won’t find any budget headphones with better quality and production.
What headphones work with Oculus Rift?
In our list, every headphone is compatible with oculus rift s, quest, and quest 2. According to the oculus, if you want to use third-party headphones with Oculus VR headsets, make sure they have a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
How do I focus my Oculus Rift s?
- Press the Oculus button on your right Touch controller.
- Select Settings.
- Select Headset.
- Then select the (+) or (-) button to adjust your Rift S IPD.
Every virtual reality headsets have built-in speakers and oculus rift s is also one of them. In order to feel another level of immersion while playing oculus rift s games, you need to obtain the best headphones. Using the best headphone while the gameplay with oculus rift s is the best way to keep your sound and audio private. In that way, no one will feel annoying and other members of your family can sleep safe and sound while you’re playing VR games.