Pureeing your baby’s food is easy when you have a good blender.
Can a blender puree food?
If the answer is yes, how do you choose the best blender for puree? We wrote this article to help you.
Vitamix series 750 blender is the top best blender for pureeing food. It is built with strong and durable parts for cutting through victual ingredients. It is loaded with advanced features that make pureeing easy and fast. You can use it for pureeing foods for babies and even adults.
We have the list of the 7 best blenders to puree food, and they are loaded with amazing features that make food pureeing a walkover.
Top 7 best blenders for pureeing food
- Best blender for puree – Vitamix 750
- Best for pureeing baby food – Magic Bullet Baby Bullet
- Food puree machine for adults – Ninja BL770
- Handheld puree blender – KitchenAid KHB2351WH
- Vitamix for baby food – Vitamix A3500
- Small blender for baby food – NutriBullet NBR-1201
- Best For Pureeing Meat – Vitamix Explorian Blender
1. Vitamix 750
Vitamix series 750 blender is our best blender for puree. It earned this position for itself with its powerful and outstanding blending performance and varying functions that make blending easy and exciting.
- A 64- ounce Low- profile jar with the perfect size for blending your food ingredients.
- Five pre-programmed settings are designed to help you achieve the right blend.
- Variable speed control allows you to adjust your blending speed to achieve the right consistency.
- Durable stainless-steel blades that are strong enough to cut through the toughest ingredients.
- Powerful performance and cool-running motor.
- Self-cleaning within few minutes.
- A blender manual.
Consumers love the portable and petite size of its glass jar which does not take up much of your kitchen space. Its variable speed control setting makes it the ideal consumer’s choice.
2. Magic Bullet Baby Bullet
Magic bullet baby Care system is our best blender for pureeing baby food. The system features a 20 piece set that can blend, grind, chop and mill. You can make your baby foods and all your favorite meals including delicious purees. You can alternatively call it a baby food puree maker.
- Built to North American Electrical Standards.
- Non-toxic plastic.
- 200 watts high-performance motor
- 8 cups capacity
- Easy to clean dishwasher safe parts
- 1-speed setting
- 20-piece set
- High-torque power base,
- 6 date-dial storage cup,
- 3-piece batch bowl,
- baby blend blade for fruits
- milling blade for making cereals
- short cup,
- Storage tray,
- batch tray with lid,
- Stay-fresh resealable lid,
- Pocket nutritionist,
- User manual and cookbook.
Consumers love the 20-piece set that is easy to use and clean. The multipurpose system is affordable and it is a valuable exchange for money. However, some customers complained about its small jar size.
3. Ninja BL770
This system is a classic one with top-notch features that makes it capable of handling your blending needs and helping you make your favorite dishes without stress. It is an ideal food puree machine for adults.
- 72-ounce extra-large jar that is large enough to blend a large chunk of ingredients in one round with total crushing technology.
- 8 cup food processor bowls with chopping blades and dough blades.
- 16 ounce Ninja cups with lids for making drinks and taking on the go.
- Dishwasher-safe and non-toxic parts that are easy to clean.
- 1500 watts powerful performance base that is strong enough to blend the toughest ingredients.
- 4 blending speeds.
- 30 recipe inspiration guides.
Consumers love its exceptional performance and the fact that the blending jar is large enough to handle a large piece of ingredients at a go.
Its ninja cups are just perfect for nutrient drinks that can be taken directly from the cups. In all, it is a worthwhile investment and a pro at making purees.
4. KitchenAid Hand Blender
KitchenAid KHB2351WH Pro Line Hand Blender is a handheld puree blender. It is one that is portable yet durable. It helps make your favorite beverage, smoothie, and even purees. It provides an easy way to do your blending jobs and have fun while at it.
- Easy to clean and use
- Non-toxic parts
- 3-speed hand blender
- 8″ blending arm with fixed S-blade for the quick blending of smoothies, hummus, purees, and more.
- Soft grip handle for firmer hold while blending
- Whisk attachment for whipping egg whites till it is fluffy.
- 2, 1/2 cup chopper attachment for chopping herbs, cheese, nuts, and other hard food ingredients.
- 3-cup blending jar with lid for blending a small piece of food ingredients.
Consumers love the fact that KitchenAid KHB2351WH Pro Line Hand Blender is totally easy to use and manage. A lot of consumers found it affordable and helpful for their light kitchen chores. However, the durability of the blender was questioned.
5. Vitamix A3500
Vitamix A3500 ascent series smart blender is one that is built to last and allows you to plan your meal with accurate scaling conveniently.
It is strong and can attend to your blending needs. It features a programmable timer, speed control feature, and more. It is unarguably one of the best blenders to make puree food.
- Five program settings
- Sleek design
- 64-ounce low-profile jar
- Variable speed control setting and pulse feature
- Touch screen control
- Self-detect technology
- Graphite and perfect blend smart scale for automatic scaling of recipes to achieve your desired number of servings, ounce, or calories
- Recipe app
- Inbuilt wireless connectivity
- Easy to clean parts
Although a lot of consumers found the blending system a little pricey, a larger percentage of them agreed that it was well worth the price. Consumers also love its perfect blend smart scale to accurately measure ingredients and its five program settings for achieving the right blend texture.
6. NutriBullet NBR-1201
NutriBullet NBR-1201 blender is one with an outstanding performance. It is a 12-piece set that comprises all that you would need for blending your favorite ingredients. It can shred, blend, grind, chop the toughest ingredients, and extract the necessary nutrients. It is a food puree machine for adults that is easy to use and clean.
- 24-ounce jar with 3 cups capacity
- Sleek and portable design
- High-performance 600-watt motor
- Refined nutrients extraction blades
- Easy to use and clean with dishwasher safe parts
- Non-toxic plastic containers that are free from BPA
- 12-piece set
- High-torque power base
- Milling blade
- Tall cup
- 2 short cups
- Handled lip ring
- Regular lip ring
- Extractor blade
- 2 stay-fresh resealable lids
- User manual and cookbook
- Pocket nutritionist
Consumers commend it for its powerful blending performance that breaks down fruits and veggies within a few minutes. Although some complained that it leaks when too much water is added. All the same, it is a great piece, and it is built to serve its purpose.
7. Vitamix Explorian Blender
Although Vitamix Explorian Blender comes last on our list, it is unarguably one of our best blenders for puree. It features strong and durable blending parts that are safe and easy to use and manage. If you need a blender that will serve you for a fairly long time without breaking apart, you should give Vitamix Explorian blender a chance.
- 64-ounce low profile container for blending a fairly large amount of ingredients at once
- Attractive design
- Ten variable speed control
- Pulse feature
- Powerful performance motor
- Durable stainless steel blades for cutting through the toughest ingredients within a few minutes.
- Low-profile tamper
- Non-toxic and dishwasher safe parts
- Owner’s manual
- Self-cleaning within few minutes
Consumers love the Vitamix Explorian blender and found it worthy of investment. Apart from a few complaints about some parts of the blender getting broken and occasional overheating, the blender is a pro at blending and it is worth the risk.
Top Guideline to puree food for babies, adults & elders
There are three categories of people that depend on pureed foods for their nourishment:
Babies need all the nourishment that they could get and pureed foods are a trusted nutriment. All pureed food for babies should be cooked or steamed except bananas or avocado.
Pureed foods are beneficial to adults who have rubs chewing or swallowing food, due to missing tooths or pain in the mouth and those recovering from oral surgeries. A speech therapist or dietician should be consulted for the recommendation of pureed aliments.
For older people, pureed aliments ease them of the rub of chewing while providing the adequate alimentation necessary for their continuous sustenance. Food with coarse and stringy textures, sticky foods, and hard textured foods should not be used to make purees for adults. Also, health professionals should be consulted for the specification of their diet and its consistency, especially if they have underlying health conditions.
What is puree?
A puree is a mash of cooked food which could either be in form of fruits or vegetables. The cooked food is ground, pressed, blended, or strained till it becomes a smooth paste or liquid. Purees are nutriments and are named after the specific fruit or vegetable being mashed.
What is a pureed diet?
A pureed diet is one that is taken by individuals who find it hard to chew or swallow food items, including babies, adults, and the aged. Care should be taken to ensure that pureed victuals have the right consistency and do not appear lumpy or runny.
How to puree food using a blender :
- Wash fruits, vegetables, and other food ingredients thoroughly
- Cut into smaller bits
- Pre-cook all the solid ingredients
- Blend the solid ingredients in a blender.
- Add the liquid ingredients till the right consistency is achieved.
- Add fat (if needed) while the puree is hot
- Allow the puree to cool before serving or storing it in the fridge.
Buying guide: Best Blender For Pureeing Meat & Food
The best blender for puree will help you achieve the right puree consistency and increase its shelf-life, especially if you plan to keep it for a while. Here is a list of a few things that should be noted while shopping for the best puree blender:
Blending functions: Different blenders feature different functions. You must know what you need the blender for, so you can opt for a blender that offers the blending functions that suit your needs.
Power: The watts of power also differ for different blenders. If you plan to use your blender for grinding hard ingredients like nuts and seeds, you should consider going for a blender with a fairly high watt of power. The higher the watt of power, the higher the blending capacity and overall efficiency.
Design: Blenders also come in different styles, designs, and colors. Your preference is important here, especially if you plan to keep your blender where it can be easily seen and accessed.
Warranty: Some blenders come with higher warranties than others. The higher the duration of the warranty, the more reliable it. You should put this into consideration when shopping for the best blender for puree.
Blending capacity: Blenders come in different jar or container sizes. If you have a large family you might want to consider opting for a blender with a large jar size.
7 pureed recipes to try for babies, elderly & Adults
How to make pumpkin puree (without oven)
- Boil lightly salted water in a large pot
- Wash the pumpkin thoroughly
- Slice the pumpkin open from the stem to the bottom while holding it firmly.
- Remove the seeds and stringy part with a spoon.
- Cut into smaller bits and peel
- Place the chopped pumpkin in a pot of boiling water and allow it to boil until it is soft
- Strain and transfer to the Vitamix series 750 blender.
- With the push of a button, control the speed of the blender and adjust the program setting to puree blend.
- Puree until it is smooth
- Allow it to cool totally before freezing
- Strawberries (raw or frozen)
How to make a strawberry puree for Drinks, Cake & Smoothies
- Choose delicious ripe strawberries or frozen strawberries
- For frozen strawberries, ensure that you thaw before pureeing
- Wash your strawberry carefully
- Using a sharp knife, hull the strawberry
- You can process your strawberry raw or cooked
- Add sugar if you want
- Transfer into the Magic Bullet Baby Bullet Baby Care blender and puree until smooth
- If you want, you can sieve the mixture.
- Pour the puree into the provided storage cups and keep it in the freezer.
How to make tomato puree
- Get fresh tomatoes, wash and drain them
- Remove any imperfections from the tomatoes including the core
- Scrape out the seeds
- Chop the tomatoes
- Cook the chopped tomatoes lightly in a large pot under low heat until tender
- Strain the tomatoes and allow them to cool
- Transfer into the Ninja mega BL770 blender pitcher and puree until smooth.
- Allow it to cool before transferring to storage bags and freeze.
- cauliflower (500 g)
- water (100 g)
- butter (85 g)
- lemon juice
How to make healthy Cauliflower puree (Buttered)
- Measure the ingredients accurately using the smart scale.
- Roughly chop the cauliflower into thin slices.
- Put the cauliflower alongside water, butter, and salt in a narrow pan and cover with a lid.
- Steam under low heat
- Allow it to cool before transferring to the Vitamix A3500 blending jar.
- Puree the mixture. Add small lemon juice while blending.
- Serve with your favorite toppings
- Garlic Cloves
- Salted butter
How to make Parsnip puree (Without cream)
- Wash, peel, and dice the parsnips and garlic.
- Add the parsnips, garlic, milk, and butter to a medium-sized pan. Cook under medium heat for a few minutes.
- Season as you wish
- Using the NutriBullet NBR-1201 blending jar, puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to make mango puree For desserts & Cake
- Wash the mango thoroughly.
- Peel the sides of the mango with a sharp knife.
- Slice the mango lengthwise and peel off the flesh into a clean container.
- Transfer the flesh to the KitchenAid KHB2351WH blending jar and puree until it is smooth.
- Keep the puree in a refrigerator and allow to chill.
- Serve as desired.
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- white granulated sugar
- lemon juice
how to make raspberry puree
- Wash the raspberries.
- You can use the fresh raspberries directly but you have to thaw frozen raspberries.
- Put the raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in the Vitamix Explorian blending container and ensure the ingredients are in the right proportions.
- Puree until it is smooth.
- Ensure that you don’t allow the seeds to blend completely.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Refrigerated until you are ready to have your puree.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What to do with leftover pumpkin puree?
You could use your leftover pumpkin puree to make a delicious sauce for your meat and veggies, you could also add it to your yogurt.
Where to buy acai puree?
You can buy acai puree or frozen Acai puree packets from whole foods stores, frozen fruit stores, and natural food stores close to you.
What is the difference between tomato sauce and puree?
The difference between tomato sauce and tomato puree is its consistency. Tomato sauces are thinner in texture while tomato purees are thicker.
How long does pumpkin puree last in the fridge?
Properly blended purees can stay in the fridge for up to 48 to 72 hours but it can last for up to 3 months in a freezer.
What do whey protein and plum puree have in common?
Whey protein and plum puree both help in weight loss and muscle mass maintenance. They are used as substitutes for fat.
How to puree garlic
- Wrap garlic cloves in aluminum foil and cook for an hour.
- Remove the garlic and peel.
- Blend in a blender or food processor.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Pureed aliments are high in nutrients and making your pureed food by yourself is a healthier and safer option. Pureed food is also incredibly easy to make so long as you have a good blender. You should make sure to keep your pureed food refrigerated to keep it fresh and wholesome, otherwise, it could get spoilt easily.